5 Small Business Website Tips
Your small business website is the hub of your online marketing strategy.
First impressions of a business happen in a few seconds. Be sure that visitors are engaged with these five tips.
- Who are you? Clearly define who you are with a clean logo and keywords that people might search for your business.
- Who is your customer? Describe your target audience and how you can help them. Keep it short and sweet.
- How can we reach you? Social media buttons, phone number, email and address should be readily available on the home page as well as in the footer on every web page.
- What are you up to? Be sure your events and news postings are current and the navigational panel is simple to use.
- Tell me more about yourself. Use your About page to add a human element about your business. Tell your story in a clever way and offer why someone would want to do business with you.
These are just a few small business website tips. A website is a work in progress. It should change and evolve just as your business does. Keep it up to date and regularly ask your employees, customers and other audiences for input.
Seven areas of a site draw users’ attention the most, according to a new eye-tracking study. Is your site up to par?