Posted by gurnage
Highlights include a #onemorebox contest with winners announced the day of, and live coverage of the day’s events. @GirlScouts will even be tweeting the location of The National Girl Scout Cookie Day Truck as it makes its way through New York City, staffed with Girl Scouts selling cookies.
The girl scouts also have a new app that helps you locate thin mints pronto. After you download the app on Android or iPhone, put in the ZIP Code and it will ask if you are looking for sales going on today, the weekend or the next seven days. You can also sign up to receive an alert when there is a sale in your area!
We can even accept credit card payments at our cookie sale booth. Did you know you can donate cookies to the troops?
The cookies have a new package design and as a food allergy mom, ingredients are listed and “may contain” statements are included so kids with food allergies will know if the cookie is safe to eat (the may contain statement is not mandatory and that is where cross contamination occurs.)
My family was in the girl scouts – my mom was a leader, my sister was a Junior and I was a Brownie. My daughter is in her third year of girl scouts and is a Junior. She has learned leadership skills from cookie sales and project work. She has gained compassion through community service. She has gone outside of her comfort zone at camp and in a canoe and emerged a stronger, more confident girl.
I have already seen changes in my daughter. She has cleaned up our street on her own as a result of one community service clean up project and started a side business selling bracelets. The sky is the limit in her eyes and it is exciting to see her grow into an active, responsible citizen and future entrepreneur.
I am thankful for organizations such as Girl Scouts that give our children the life skills they need to succeed that they might not get otherwise, in the classroom or elsewhere.
February 8 is National Girl Scout Cookie Day!
Join in on the fun and festivities on National Girl Scout Cookie Day, when we’ll celebrate the world’s largest girl-led business and make it easy for you to buy or order cookies from your local Girl Scout Cookie Professional. Here’s how you can stay in touch throughout the day:
- Download our new Girl Scout cookie iPhone or Android app to find cookie sales.
- Upgrade your cookie-buying skills by watching Girl Scouts give you advice or downloading our simple guide.
- Learn about the 5 Skills girls develop through the Girl Scout Cookie Program.
- Visit the Girl Scout Blog for up-to-the-minute updates.
- Check the route of the Girl Scout Cookie Truck as it makes its way through New York City.
- Look for our one-day-only Facebook contest on February 8. And tell us on Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram why you’d recommend buying #onemorebox.
- Get your cookie memorabilia—especially our iconic cookie glasses!
Posted by gurnage
I found this guide on Twitter (heh) and wanted to share it with any marketing & PR peeps and tweeps. Hope this helps as you plan your social media strategy.
Twitter strategies for PR and marketing guide from immediate future.